Salary: £21,200 (pro rata of £26,500 per annum)
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways are looking for an experienced Interpretation Officer to join our client project team to work closely with the interpretive designers (Creative Core) and so support the interpretation strand of a major National Lottery funded project. The project has three key strands: interpretation across the railway, developing skills, and conserving buildings. This is an exciting time with the recent World Heritage Site announcement with which the project has close links and shared ambitions to make a positive impact in the area.
The Interpretation Officer will work closely with the Interpretation Consultant (Creative Core) to deliver a scheme of new high-quality interpretation and engagement activities, at Boston Lodge Works, Porthmadog, and across the FfWHR. The Officer will also be responsible for developing a new programme of guided tours at Boston Lodge Works and for managing an Interpretation Trainee.
- Strong experience and wide ranging knowledge of Interpretation
- Developing interpretation including archive research
- Co-creation with audiences (including local community)
- Collaborative team including working with external consultants
- Interpretation Project Management skills
- Working with teams of volunteers to develop content
We can offer you:
- Salary of £21,200 (pro rata of £26,500) per annum
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday pro rata, inclusive of all bank and public holidays
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment.
All applications should follow the guidance in the Application Information and must comprise a completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Form and may also include a CV, all emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Information Pack
Project Application Form
Equality & Diversity Form
Closing Date for applications: Midday January 10th 2022