Salary: Minimum of £31,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway is starting delivery of a major national lottery funded project that will provide interpretation across the railway; develop skills; conserve historic buildings at Boston Lodge. This is an exciting time with the recent World Heritage Site announcement with which the project has close links and shared ambitions to make a positive impact in the area.
A key post for the project is the Engineering Volunteer Leader who will resource and facilitate working parties to deliver the NLHF project heritage engineering projects at Boston Lodge Works, and, in the process, manage and facilitate the transfer of skills and knowledge to and between volunteers recruited to the teams working on these projects.
The contract is full-time for 3 years, starting in early 2022, based at Boston Lodge, Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth. Weekend working will be required for this position. Candidates must be prepared to be flexible over working times / days to facilitate the volunteer-led working parties.
The scope of the post has been extended since it was first advertised to include line management responsibilities and an organisation wide brief for volunteer recruitment and development and is considered to be a post at senior management level.
- Engineering skills relevant to a heritage railway supported by a relevant qualification
- Team Leadership skills and experience demonstrating the ability to facilitate multiple projects effectively.
- Training and mentoring experience
- Clear people centred focus and excellent relationship management skills demonstrating the ability to work with volunteers and staff at every level.
- Ability to plan multiple work streams
- Good administrative skills to support detailed report writing of activities & volunteer teams; including ability to support reporting on the project to the NLHF
- Demonstrable experience in effective communication
- The ability to speak Welsh would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of the railways, and the local area
We can offer you:
- A salary minimum of £31,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of all bank and public holidays. Pro rata for part-time posts.
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment.
All applications should follow the guidance in the Application Information and must comprise a completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Form and may also include a CV, all emailed to email@example.com.
Engineering Volunteer Leader – Application Information Pack
Project Application Form
Equality & Diversity Form
Closing Date for applications: Midday, February 14th 2022 (Interviews February 17th).