Start Date: September/October 2022
Salary: £14,500 per annum based on 0.5 FTE (pro rata of £29,000)
The FFWHR is looking for a part-time Construction Project Manager with experience of construction, including conservation to support the delivery of the construction phase of a major project by providing day to day contact with the contractor on site and liaising with Boston Lodge Staff to keep the site operational.
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway is starting delivery of a major national lottery funded project that will provide interpretation across the railway; develop skills; conserve historic buildings at Boston Lodge. This is an exciting time with the recent World Heritage Site announcement with which the project has close links and shared ambitions to make a positive impact in the area.
This would particularly suit someone familiar with both heritage railways and with construction project management who is able visit site most days.
- Experience of managing contraction and conservation work (E)
- Significant experience of liaising effectively with contractors and clients (E)
- Experience of managing contractors on a live operating site (E)
- Experience of monitoring capital and non-capital budgets including checking valuations against Bills of Quantities (E)
- Knowledge of railway safety (E)
- Strong project management skills (E)
- Excellent organisational skills (E)
- Highly effective communication skills, both oral and written (E)
- Mentoring or training skills (D)
- The ability to speak Welsh (D)
We can offer you:
- A Salary of £14,500 per annum based on 0.5 FTE (pro rata of £29,000)
- Pro rata of a minimum of 28 days paid holiday per annum, inclusive of all bank and public holidays
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment.
The contract is 0.5 FTE for 18 months, starting in September or October 2022, based at Boston Lodge, Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth. Candidates must be prepared to be flexible over working times / days and would be expected to be able to be on site most working days of week.
Closing date: 8th August (Noon)
Expected interview date: 23rd August
All applications should follow the guidance in the Application Information and must comprise a completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Form and may also include a CV, all emailed to email@example.com.
Project Application Form
Equality & Diversity Form