Salary: £15,900 (£26,500 per annum pro rata) plus benefits
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway is starting delivery of a major national lottery funded project that will provide interpretation across the railway; develop skills; conserve historic buildings at Boston Lodge. This is an exciting time with the recent World Heritage Site announcement with which the project has close links and shared ambitions to make a positive impact in the area.
A key post for the project is the Training and Events supervisor who will help to organise and then deliver skills training and subsequent record-keeping for engineering volunteers. The successful applicant will also help to facilitate workshops for schools and interested members of the public.
- Engineering skills relevant to a heritage railway supported by a relevant qualification
- Team Leadership skills and experience demonstrating the ability to facilitate multiple projects effectively.
- Training and mentoring experience
- Clear people centred focus and excellent relationship management skills demonstrating the ability to work with volunteers and staff at every level
- Ability to plan multiple work streams
- Good administrative skills to support activities & volunteer teams
- Demonstrable experience in effective communication
- The ability to speak Welsh would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of the railways, and the local area
We can offer you:
- A Salary of £15,900 (pro rata of £26,500 per annum )
- A minimum of pro rata of 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of all bank and public holidays
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment.
The contract is 0.6 FTE for 2 years, starting in Autumn 2022, based at Boston Lodge, Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth. Occasional weekend working will be required for this position. Candidates must be prepared to be flexible over working times / days to facilitate the volunteer-led working parties.
All applications should follow the guidance in the Application Information and must comprise a completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Form and may also include a CV, all emailed to email@example.com.
Application Information Pack
Project Application Form
Equality & Diversity Form
Closing Date for applications: Midday, August 26th 2022.